Green T Green Tourism Incentive Programme (GTIP)
Celebrating its 5th year since inception, the Green Tourism Incentive Programme (GTIP) is a resource efficiency incentive programme of the Department of Tourism whose objective is to encourage and support private sector tourism enterprises to adopt responsible tourism practices by moving towards the sustainable management of water and energy resources whilst adhering to responsible tourism practices.
Through grant funding, the GTIP assists private sector tourism enterprises in reducing the cost of investing in energy and water efficient solutions, while increasing their competitiveness, profitability, and operational sustainability in the long term.
The programme is managed by the Industrial Development Corporation (IDC) on behalf of the Department of Tourism and all applications and approvals are managed by the IDC. The GTIP broadly offers the following benefits to qualifying tourism enterprises:
- the full cost for a new resource efficiency audit or the full cost for reviewing an existing resource efficiency audit;
- grant funding to qualifying small and micro enterprises on a sliding scale from 50% to 90% of the total cost of implementing resource efficiency interventions, which is capped at R 1 million; and
- qualifying enterprises may implement projects in phases in order to better manage their cash flow over a two-year project implementation period.
The window period for applications is open from 10 October 2022 to 28 February 2023, to call for prospective applicants to submit applications for the Green Tourism Incentive Programme.
- More detailed information on the GTIP can be obtained from the attached GTIP brochure or from the IDC website: www.idc.co.za
- The GTIP application form can be downloaded from the IDC website: www.idc.co.za
- Applicants should submit their application forms and supporting documents directly to the IDC, who will assess applications for GTIP eligibility.
- All GTIP enquiries should be sent to: email@example.com
- Note that incomplete applications will not be considered for funding.
Prospective applicants for the Green Tourism Incentive Programme (GTIP) are advised to be wary of people purporting to be representatives or agents of the programme.
Please note that the IDC and the Department have not appointed agents or consultants to assist enterprises with the preparation of applications. The use of and payment of any fees to consultants is at the discretion of the applicants.