The department has a VISION to be innovative and responsive; and to provide direction with the thrust to gear Theewaterskloof municipality towards a vibrant and sustainable economy that will result in communities with high levels of dignity.
The GOAL is to provide comprehensive service through core functions:
- Building Control: The Building Control Unit is, in terms of the National Building Regulations and Standards Act (Act 103 of 1977), responsible for the circulation and approval of building plans
- Human Settlements focuses on solutions to comply with the need for adequate shelter across the municipal area and improved living environments and affordable housing.
- IDP and Performance Management manage, monitor and ensure the development, effective implementation and monitoring of the Integrated Development Plan (IDP). Performance Management ensures efficient planning, monitoring, measuring and reviewing of performance to enhance effective service delivery.
- Local Economic Development (LED) promotes Economic Growth and Development of Local economies in partnership with Key Stakeholders and by aligning LED initiatives with Government Programs.
- Property Management manages Council’s immovable property to regulate its use, disposal and acquisition.
- Tourism positions Theewaterskloof as a recognised tourism destination offering unparalleled access to nature and quality country living for the whole family.
- Town Planning is tasked with all aspects of Forward Spatial Planning and Land Use Planning in terms of the Spatial Planning Land Use Management Act of 2014.