Overview of Administration
Department administration is responsible for the following key performance areas
- General Administration.
- Manage records to comply with legislation.
- Record services includes the management of the Electronic Records Management System [Collaborator]
- Archival record services includes Disposal Authority, Transfer of records and Destruction of record.
- Council and administrative compliance with the requirements of the Promotion of Access to Information Act, Act 2 of 2000 [PAIA].
- Management of office equipment.
- Facility Management – including maintenance of buildings.
- Cleaning Services.
- Secretariat / Administrative Support Services in regards to agendas, minutes and the implementation of resolutions of meetings.
Department administration provides secretarial and administrative support services to council and its structures during meetings:
- Executive Mayor and Committee.
- Section 79 committees.
- Section 80 Portfolio committees.
- Ad Hoc committees.
- Ward Committees
- Junior Town Council
- Public Participation meetings
In terms of committees the department renders services to the following:
- Section 79 Committees to assist the Municipal Council:
- Municipal Public Accounts Committee
- Appeal Committee dealing with Section 62 Appeals
- Special Committee dealing with the Code of Conduct for Councillors
- Section 80 Committees rendering assistance to the Executive Mayor:
- Financial Services
- Corporate Services
- Technical Services
- Development Services
- Ad-hoc Committees:
- Management Meetings
- Performance and Audit Committee
- Planning Evaluation Committee
- Insurance Claims Evaluation Committee
- Risk Management Committee
- ICT Steering Committee
- Housing Steering Committee
- Client Care Steering Committee
- Local Labour Forum
- Ward Councillor Forum
Administrative support service is responsible for the preparation of agendas and minutes for all the above meetings; as well as to ensure the effective implementation of decisions taken at meetings. Agenda-items is electronically created and approved on Collaborator and the Agenda of a specific meeting is generated. The decisions taken at a meeting is distributed electronically on the Agenda-item to the relevant Official(s) for finalization.
The Records division is entrusted with the core responsibility of managing the Municipality’s official records by means of archiving, disposing certain of those records and also serves as a centre for the receipt distribution and dispatch of correspondence to and from the public as well as Councillors. The administrative services section receives official correspondence from the public, which is captured and distributed on Collaborator to the various departments for their attention and finalization. This section plays a prominent communicative role between the Municipality and the public at large regarding applications, complaints and other issues that are raised by the public by way of correspondence.