Mr. W.S.E. Solomons-Johannes
In 2007 the Municipal Council implemented a Town Management Model and Town Managers reported to a dedicated Director. The model resulted in the decentralising of service delivery to five Town Offices which are managed by Town Managers in Caledon/Botrivier/Tesselaarsdal, Grabouw, Villiersdorp, Riviersonderend and Greyton/Genadendal. After a Director Operational Services was appointed in 2009 the Town Managers reported to him.
The core focuses of the Town Offices are:
· Effective service delivery on behalf of corporate directorates and compliance of policies, strategies, standards operational procedures and processes.
· Provision of services on behalf of corporate directorates and in accordance with Service Level Agreements (SLA) which define functions, standards, strategies, policies and processes.
· Evaluation of SLA performances.
· Provision of services defined in the Municipal Government: Municipal Systems Act (32 of 2000). Services include water purification; sewerage removal and processing; maintenance of sewerage and water networks, streets and storm water systems; managing solid waste, cemeteries and public open spaces and library services.
· Support to political structures, such as Ward Committees, and Ward Councillors to optimise service delivery.
· Maintenance of service delivery structures to secure ongoing services delivery.
The core focus of Sport are:
· Sport administration as a key mechanism to build community social fibres and unity, as well as the establishment of sport facilities and support to sport forums.
· Administrative support to Sport Councils.
The core focus of Traffic and Law Enforcement are:
· Law enforcement in regard to traffic and Municipal by-laws.
· Traffic administration off licencing, vehicle registration and vehicle testing.
Sustainable Development focus on:
· Stakeholder relations and client care.
· Sustainable development with partners and stakeholders in projects such as the “Grabouw Investment Initiative (GII)”; “Violence Prevention Through Urban Upgrade” (VPUU); “Villiersdorp Turnaround Strategy”; Greyton Turnaround Strategy and the Comprehensive Rural Development Programme.